Welcome to the 2019 – 2020 Garage Bowling League Season!
It’s time to start thinking about Bowling Leagues this fall, and the Garage Bar & Bowl is now taking team sign-up information for the 2019 – 2020 Bowling League Season!
We sent out a survey a few months ago to get your input and insight into what makes for a great bowling season. We appreciate your thoughts and feedback and have made some changes to our league format to better fit the schedules and interests of our bowling community. As a quick summary:
- Based upon our survey results, we will not be sanctioning any of our bowling leagues for this upcoming season. While we take bowling seriously, Garage Leagues are intended to be less formal and more about a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Highly competitive bowlers will find other bowling houses a better fit, as the focus at the Garage will be on having fun in a relaxed and social environment
- There will be only one league each night, held Mondays through Thursdays and starting at 7:30 p.m. League bowlers are invited to bowl after leagues end until closing and play whatever games they like as part of their league fees.
- League nights will be as follows: Monday, Men’s League; Tuesday, Women’s League; Wednesday, Men’s League; Thursday, Mixed League (any combination of Men and Women)
- The Garage will have two Bowling League sessions this year.
- The first session (Session I) will run a total of 12 weeks – from Monday, September 23th, through Thursday, December 12th, with the League taking the week of November 25th off for Thanksgiving. The week of December 9th will be a “Games Week” with 9-Pin No Tap, Low Score Bowling or other games as selected by each League. Roll-offs will be held the week of December 16th, 2019.
- We will then break from Leagues for two weeks over the holidays and start with the second 12 week session (Session II) running from Monday, January 6th, through Thursday, March 16th, 2020. The week of March 9th (Waconia Spring Break) will be a “Games Week” with 9-Pin No Tap, Low Score Bowling or other games as selected by each League. Roll-offs for the second session will be held the week of March 23rd, 2020.
- The Final League Banquet / Year End Party for all League Bowlers from both sessions will be held during the week of March 30th, 2020.
- The Garage will have weekly food / appetizer / drink specials exclusive for League Bowlers, with a late-night happy hour starting at the end of League Bowling.
- League Sign-ups will be on-going for both sessions and a wait list will be created for any vacancies that may occur. Since we are not sanctioning leagues this year, there will be no registration or sign-up fee, and our League Fees will remain the same as last year: $14.45 per bowler, per night. A non-refundable, one-time team deposit of $115.60 per league session will be collected during team sign-ups which will be applied to the team’s last two weeks of bowling league fees.
League registrations for both Sessions I and Session II will be reviewed and placement announcements will be posted and sent on or before August 23rd, 2019. The Garage Bar & Bowl reserves the right to accept or reject any or all individual or team registrations or placements at its sole discretion.
Thank you, and we look forward to hosting a great Bowling League Season at the Garage Bar & Bowl.